I am sure that a lot of you have wondered about this. So today I am going to talk about how much time and effort it takes to build a website. I don’t think you ever get done building a website because you are constantly adding to it every few days.
I think of it as a piece of virtual real estate. The more you add to it and constantly make improvements to it you are increasing the value of your website.
Lets break down the actual time it can take to make a website
A website should be a project that when you start it you intend on spending a couple years on it or more. Lets start to add up how much time this is going to take.(Note this is how long it typically takes me to make a website. The time it takes you could be longer or shorter)
In a earlier post I have walked you through the process of how to get a free website setup in 30 seconds. In this post I am going to go over what you should be doing after you get your website setup.
- The basic setup- This is probably the shortest task involved in the whole process. This should only take around 30 minutes but it could take some people longer. This includes installing and activating your plugins and building your website foundation or the outline of it.
- Doing some keyword research- Before you even think about writing content you should be doing some research on what it is you are going to write about. This task could vary on what tool you are using. If you are using Jaaxy then this task shouldn’t take long at all. This could range from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on what keyword research methods you are using.
- Writing content- This is where you should be spending most of your time. Your content is what makes up your website’s solid foundation. This could take anywhere from 1 hour to 5 or 6 hours, depending on your level of concentration, and how much research you have done on the subject beforehand. Remember you should be adding content every few days. This can get pretty time consuming, but will pay off in the long run.
- Adding Images to your site- This doesn’t have to be a daunting task but for some people it can get very time consuming. I would suggest at least a couple of images for every post or page you publish on your website. People love to be visual when it comes to surfing the web. I would spend between 30 minutes to an hour on this but not anymore than that.
- Social bookmarking- This shouldn’t take too long I would devote 15 minutes to doing this. I recommend social sharing to sites like Facebook, Twitter, G+, and Pinterest. These are the most effective social bookmarking sites that you will benefit from the most.
- Doing some SEO optimization- Search engine optimization is something you should be doing every time you write a post. This consists of optimizing your title and using the correct heading tags. Also use alt tags on your images to give your post a little boost in the search results. Little things like this shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.
Time is money what you do now is going to pay off later
When it comes to your time you should be doing everything you can to make good use of it. Building a website takes lots of time and a huge amount of effort if you want to have a successful site that is bringing in sales.
My suggestion to everyone would be to schedule a set amount of time each day to work on your website. Set aside at least 30 minutes to an hour every day. If you can devote more than that then that’s awesome. The more time you spend writing quality content will mean more money you will make later on.
Would you be interested in how you can obtain two free websites?
Yes you read that right I want to give you two free websites to help you get started. There’s no strings attached, no catches or payment required. To get more information on this amazing offer and how you can claim your 2 free websites take a look at this post I did.
I hope this post has really helped you in building out your website and everything you should be doing. If you have any comments or questions please leave them for me below and I will get back to you right away.
Your Friend Scott
About The Author
Hi there, my name is Scott and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I started this website back in 2013 to help educate other people like you about the many diverse ways to earn an income from the internet.
I expose the latest scams, show you some of the most profitable ways to earn money online, as well as share tips and tricks with you that I've learned along the way.